Please click here to see all the Australian Outback Marathon pricing options
Platinum Packages inclusions:
• Guaranteed entry to the Australian Outback Marathon (or shorter event)
• Return airport transfer between Connellan (Ayers Rock) Airport and your hotel
• Accommodation for 5 nights
• Breakfast daily
• Welcoming poolside hosted function (Thursday 24th July)
• Carbo Load Dinner (Friday 25th July)
• Celebration Dinner (Sunday 27th July)
• Other Meals as specified in the itinerary
• Race Day transfers
• Finishers Medal and certificate
• All race photography (including finishing line photo’s and video)
• All inclusive Tours/Sightseeing/Activities as specified in the itinerary
• Limited edition Australian Outback Marathon Coolmax ™ running top (if booked prior to 16th May 2014)
• Hosted training run (Thursday 24th July)
• Sunday morning Yoga stretch class
• Ayers Rock Resort backpack
• Travelling Fit representatives on site
• Discounted rates on all Professional Helicopter Services tours
Thursday 24th July 2014
Today is your arrival day at Yulara and the Ayers Rock Resort. You will be met at the airport by a member of the Australian Outback Marathon team and escorted to your hotel on one of the complimentary Airport Shuttles which will drop you off right at the door of your hotel.
Once you arrive you will be guided to our dedicated check-in area where you will get your room key as well as your race registration pack that will contain, amongst other things, your race bib and exclusive Australian Outback Marathon Coolmax running top.
Depending on when you arrive, there is plenty of time to relax by the pool, explore the resort or simply head to the Town Square for a bite to eat and a little souvenir shopping.
At 4:00pm we will gather at the reception area of the Outback Pioneer Hotel for a hosted training run which is your first opportunity to sample the “red earth” of Central Australia. The run will be fully guided and will last for approximately 45 minutes; just enough time to shake the cobwebs from your legs.
At 6:00pm we will all gather together for the first of your Australian Outback Marathon dining experiences; our exclusive “Sails Poolside” welcome dinner. Set outdoors this is a great way to relax and mingle with your fellow competitors who will be sharing your Australian Outback Marathon experience with you.
Included Meals: Dinner
Friday 25th July 2014
You will be up before dawn today and escorted on a private coach departing from your hotel at 6:25am to see one of the many wonders of the area; the sunrise over Uluru. A breakfast box is included and you will also get a souvenir backpack to carry your belongings so there will be no need to bring along an extra bag.
Once you have witnessed the sunrise you will start your self-guided tour of the base of Uluru, allowing you to see “up close and personal” what makes this such a special and spiritual place. If you don’t want to walk all the way round, fear not as your private coach will pick you up at the 6.5km viewing area and take you to the Cultural Centre. The full circuit of Uluru is just less than 10km. Tea and Coffee will also be available.
On the way back to the resort a visit to the Indigenous Cultural Centre is a must and this is your next stop. There is plenty of time to learn more about the local culture and the Anangu people, the traditional owners of the land. The tour returns to your hotel at around 1:00pm but if you wish to leave earlier we will also have coaches departing from the Cultural Centre throughout the morning.
Note: your 3 day Uluru/Kata Tjuta National Park entry pass is included in the tour. This will be given to you on the bus for the Uluru Sunrise Tour but we are not able to provide you with your pass earlier.
At 4:00pm there will be the opportunity to purchase your very own limited edition Australian Outback Marathon merchandise and you will also be able to change your chosen event, should you wish to. Both of these activities will take place beside the Amphitheatre near the Sails in the Desert Hotel, followed by the Australian Outback Marathon Opening Ceremony and Race Briefing starting at 5:00pm.
Note: the Opening Ceremony and Race Briefing are mandatory as there will be a safety briefing at this time and it is also our last opportunity to pass along any additional information prior to the race itself.
At 6:00pm the traditional Carbo Load dinner will commence where you will get plenty of opportunity to mingle with your fellow competitors and also to fully “carbo load” should you wish to.
Included Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Saturday 26th July 2014
TODAY IS THE DAY!
You will need to get up bright and early today but for those with a healthy appetite a full breakfast will be served from 5:00am at your hotel. Our private fleet of coaches will pick you up from the lobby of your hotel at 6:45am to take you to the race start so please don’t be late!
Note: it can get very cold in the mornings in the Australian Outback so please be sure to bring something warm to wear prior to the race start.
Sunrise is approximately 7:30am and this is another excellent opportunity to see the first rays of the sun splash across the mighty Uluru which forms the back-drop of the start/finish area. Toilets will be provided for those needing to quell those last minute nerves and at 7:45am the Australian Outback Marathon (and Half-Marathon) will begin. For those participating in the 11km Fun Run and the 6km Fun Run, your start time will be 8:00am.
There will be plenty of tables and chairs at the start/finish area and we will also be providing fruit, an assortment of sandwiches, muffins and drinks as well as delicious hot soup for you once you have completed the race. All competitors are encouraged to stay and cheer in your fellow runners but for those that wish to leave once your race has been completed there will be a shuttle bus circulating all day between the finishing area and the resort. You may want to head on back, have a shower and then return to the finishing line to cheer on the last runners as they complete their journey.
Saturday Evening Optional Tours
• If you have booked the Sunset Camel Ride you will be collected from your hotel at 4:50pm
• If you have booked the Uluru Sunset Tour you will be collected from your hotel at 5:15pm
• Afternoon or Sunset Helicopter Ride with Professional Helicopter Services (must be booked in advance)
Please make sure you are in the reception area of your hotel at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for all tours and activities.
In the evening all the runners are encouraged to head on over to the Outback Pioneer Hotel pub for an informal get together, a few drinks and some dancing. This is a great way to end your day (food and drinks at own expense).
Included Meals: Breakfast, Brunch at the Race Start/Finish
Sunday 27th July 2014
Breakfast is at your hotel this morning. At 9:00am we will have our fully qualified Yoga instructor on hand at Sails in the Desert Poolside to take you through a fantastic “post-race” warm down and stretch session and at 10:30am you will be picked up from your hotel for your tour to Kata Tjuta and the “Valley of the Winds”. On arrival you will commence the 2-3 hour guided moderate (at times strenuous) walk in the valley between the massive red conglomerate rocks. When you reach the Valley of the Winds Lookout, take some time to gaze out over the central valley of Kata Tjuta. Comfortable walking/hiking shoes are recommended and please take plenty of water with you and cover up with a hat and sunscreen. The coach will return to your hotel at approximately 3:30 - 4:00pm.
Note: Lunch is not included on this tour so we suggest that you purchase a packed lunch and additional drinks from the Town Square prior to departure. Don’t forget to make sure you have plenty of water.
Please make sure you are in the reception area of your hotel at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for the tour.
This evening will be one of the highlights of your trip, the exclusive Australian Outback Marathon Celebration Dinner. Based on the multi-award winning Sounds of Silence dinner this is an evening not to be missed. We start with sunset drinks and canapés on a dune top overlooking Uluru and Kata Tjuta, and then follow this with a fully hosted multi-course meal, an excellent wine list, an on-site star talker, a marathon slide-show and closing presentations. You will remember the Celebration Dinner long after the aches and pains have gone. Buses will depart from your hotel at 4:40pm and return at approximately 10:00pm.
Note: Please do not be late for the departure as we are unable to hold the coaches for you if you are not there.
Sunday Morning Optional Tours
• If you have booked the Sunrise Camel Ride you will be collected from your hotel at 6:30am
• If you have booked the Uluru Sunrise Tour you will be collected from your hotel at 6:25am
• Uluru and Kata Tjuta Helicopter Ride with Professional Helicopter Services (must be booked in advance)
Included Meals: Breakfast, Celebration Dinner
Monday 28th July 2014
Today you will spend the day at the amazing Kings Canyon. After an early breakfast at your hotel you will board our exclusive luxury coach at 7:30am from outside your hotel for the drive through sand hill country towards Kings Canyon. For those with a good level of fitness the self-guided rocky climb to the rim of Kings Canyon (taking up to 3 hours) will be rewarded with marvellous views. Alternatively, you may wish to explore the boulder-strewn canyon floor, an easier walk.
Lunch is included at Kings Creek Station and then you will return to the Ayers Rock Resort, arriving by approx. 7:00pm.
Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Tuesday 29th July 2014
Tuesday Morning Optional Tour
• Sunrise Uluru and Kata Tjuta Helicopter Ride with Professional Helicopter Services (must be booked in advance)
Today your tour ends. After breakfast you check out of your hotel to begin your journey either homewards (with a complimentary airport transfer) or on towards your next exciting adventure.
Included Meals: Breakfast
Note that your transfer to the airport will leave the reception area of your hotel 2 hours prior to your flight – please refer to the signs in reception for more details.
Exclusions and Notes
• Optional Tours which must be booked in advance
• Meals where not specified
• Travel Insurance
• Tourist Visas (if applicable)
• All prices are on a “per person” basis.
• Unless you are a Yulara resident, you MUST purchase a package including accommodation. There is no ‘entry only’ option.
• Extra Night price is per adult.
• A child is considered to be between the ages of 3 and 12 years inclusive at the time of check-in
• Children 2 years and under are FREE of charge if using existing bedding
• Children requiring a rollaway bed will incur an additional $48 per night charge
• Adults who are not participating in one of the Australian Outback Marathon events receive $100 discount off the price of the adult package
• All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars (AUD)
• Itineraries and prices are subject to change at any time