1. We Guarantee Your Race Entry
When you book through Travelling Fit you can be assured that your race entry is GUARANTEED. Our packages are designed specifically with the runner in mind to give you peace of mind. All you need to do is book an exclusive marathon package through Travelling Fit and you are on your way to the starting line to any running event in the world.
2. We are Marathon Travel Specialists
The team at Travelling Fit are more than just consultants, they are experienced Travel Specialists. We create close ties with the tour operators and the event organisers that we are involved with and can provide you with first-hand information to help you plan as a competitor or traveller and ensure your trip runs as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Mari-Mar Walton, the founder and Managing Director of Travelling Fit, has been involved in both the Fitness and Travel industries for over 30 years. Mari-Mar is an experienced Marathon and Ultra runner and has first-hand knowledge of many of the world's top marathons, which she is more than happy to pass on to you.
3. We actively participate in the events we promote
Rather than simply advertising Marathons, the staff here at Travelling Fit are active participants and supporters of Marathons, Half Marathons and Ultras from all over the world. We have participated in events through the vineyards of Medoc in France, a private game park in South Africa, along the Great Wall of China, on the Polar Icecap, through the Moroccan Sahara Desert, Comrades - "the ultimate human race", as well as many of the world’s largest “Big City” marathons. We have taken our clients to races in London, New York, Paris, Tokyo, Chicago, Boston and Berlin to name just a few. Marathons are not just a job for us, they are our passion too.
4. Personal Service throughout the booking process
We have always believed that the best way we can look after our clients is to actually be there for you which is why at our major events a Travelling Fit representative will also be there to look after any additional needs you may have.
5. Facebook Group communication exclusive to Travelling Fit clients
We are with you every step of the way on your journey to your event and to assist in passing on information and to allow you to communicate with your fellow runners, we have a Facebook group specifically for each of our major events. This is exclusive to Travelling Fit participants and acts as a forum where you can organise training runs with fellow participants, ask questions, post pictures and feel a part of the excitement before arriving to the event.
6. 24 Hour Emergency Service Hotline
When you book through Travelling Fit you get far more than just a 9-5 service. We will provide you with a special 24 hour emergency contact number so that in case you need us, you can contact us at any time, from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day. If something goes wrong and you need help fast, WE ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP.
7. Things we do at our major events
At all of the events we promote, we don’t just put you on a plane and wave you “goodbye”, we make sure you are looked after right throughout your booking process. What's more, for our larger events, we are at the destination with you making sure that everything goes according to your plan. Here are just some of the additional services that are included when you book through one of Travelling Fit’s major events:
- Travelling Fit Tour Desk –We have staff at the main “headquarters” hotel to assist you with any questions or concerns or simply so that you can come over and say “hi”. We are there to assist and support you in any which way we can.
- Meet and Greet functions – We have hosted private and exclusive functions, prior to race day, giving you the opportunity to meet your fellow runners, swap stories and make new friends (or reacquaint yourself with old ones).
- Group Training Runs – We take you on training runs in the area that you will be running, allowing you to get a better understanding not only of the local environment but also of the actual running conditions you might experience on race day
- Escorting to Expos – Our staff and/or representatives are on hand to take you to and from the Expo, saving you all of the hassle of having to plan this yourself.
- Private transfers to race start – With events such as the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Comrades Marathon, the TCS New York City Marathon, the Boston Marathon and the Tokyo Marathon to name a few, congestion getting to the race start can be a major issue. We have our own private transfers to the start line for you so that all you need to do is sit back and relax as you head off to your event.
8. Specially designed Coolmax Running Top exclusive to Travelling Fit clients
With each of our marathon packages comes a specifically designed, “made to order” Coolmax Running top. These running tops are exclusive to Travelling Fit and are made from the latest “breathable” material. Wearing one of our running tops will not only make you feel great, you will look great too!
9. 100% Australian Owned
We are an Australian Owned and Operated travel agency based in NSW. We have been looking after Australian and International clients for over 14 years and we are a fully accredited member of ATAS, giving you peice of mind that you are entrusting your travel arrangements to a professional and experienced organisation.