Flights to Havana and Santiago de Cuba can be booked now so why not let the team at Travelling Fit help by booking your preferred airline on the dates that best suit you. We can arrange your complete holiday package all in the one place to help you save time and money.
The Havana Marathon attracts runners from around the world, giving them the chance to run in the winter sun.
The Marathon is a two loop course and starts in front of the Capitolio on the edge of Old Havana, at the Paseo del Prado between Teniente Rey and San Jose, right in the heart of “Old Havana”. After about 1.5kms, you reach the Malecon, the promenade that runs along foreshore of the city.
Once you leave the Malecon you turn into the city where you run through through many of the old neighborhoods as well as past some of Havana’s most famous sights, such as the National Sports Stadium and Revolution Square.
Along the route they will pass along the following streets : Prado, Refugio, Zulueta, ave. De las Misiones, Malecon, Calzada, street 12, street 23, ave. 26, Boyeros, Santa Catalina, Primelles, Via Blanca, Boyeros, Salvador Allende, Reina and Prado.
There are also the options to run the Havana Half Marathon, 10km or 5km.
Flights and Additional Travel
Travelling Fit is an accredited travel agency which offers a full range of services to our clients. This enables us to book your flights and additional touring to help us assist you in creating your perfect holiday experience.
Entry fees to the Havana Marathon are included as part of your package
There are no qualifying times for the Havana Marathon
The Havana Marathon starts at 7:00am
There is a 5 hour cut-off for the Havana Marathon
All events will be officially timed using the MyLaps timing system
Your race packets will be collected for you and personally delivered by your Travelling Fit representative
There are no official pace setters in the Havana Marathon
There are water station approximately every 2 kilometres for the full length of the Marathon course
Personal Refreshments and Clothing
There is no facility to put personal drinks out on the course.
As the temperature is expected to be warm during the event there should be no need to leave additional clothing at the start/finish line.
All “city to city” transport is included as part of your package (please see detailed itinerary for more details)
There is no Expo for the Havana Marathon
Finishers T-shirts, Medals and Certificates
A trophy will be awarded to the first three male and female participants in the 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon.
Every finisher will also be able to download their own personalized Race Certificate
The average daytime temperature in Havana in November is 28 degrees Celsius with the average nighttime temperature being a balmy 21 degrees Celsius
The Havana Marathon is held the third Sunday of November each year and this is a very significant date for Cuban Sports as it is the Cuban National Day of Physical Culture and Sport.
Our exclusive tour package will not only give you the opportunity to participate in this special day on the Cuban calendar, it will also show you some of the very best parts of the Island.
- Santiago de Cuba – the home of Bacardi Rum
- Jeep tours and hiking – climb in the Sierra Maestra, Cuba’s highest mountain range
- Camaguey – a UNESCO heritage listed city
- Trinidad de Cuba – listen to live Cuban music on the steps of the ancient cathedral
- The Melodios River – bathe in crystal clear rock pools before lunch in a typical country restaurant
- Safari Cayo Blanco – a perfect catamaran tour to one of the beautiful white islands
- Santa Clara – visit Che Guevara’s memorial
- Ride in a classic car – tour through Havana in a classic 1950’s convertible
- Celebrate in Style – Celebrate your achievement overlooking Havana Bay
- Guaranteed Race Entry (runners only)
- 11 Nights' Accommodation: Check in: Fri 10 Nov / Check out: Tue 21 Nov 2017
- Breakfast Daily
- Lunch and dinner as specified on the itinerary
- Transportation between cities and on day tours as specified on the itinerary
- 3 x Full Day Adventure Tours as specified on the itinerary
- 3 x Half Day City Tours as specified on the itinerary
- American Classic Car Tour in Havana followed by post race Celebration Dinner along the waterfront
- English speaking guide on tour
- Travelling Fit Representative on site and available for questions
- Personalised Travelling Fit 2XU Running Top
- Event Running T Shirt & Finishers Medal
- Invite to Travelling Fit VIP Facebook Group
Deposit: $850 per Runner and $850 per Supporter
Balance Due: 04 Sep 2017