1. How to book
To reserve your place on one of the event packages, you must complete the Booking Form and pay the non-refundable and non-transferable initial deposit. Please refer to Deposit and Final Payment (clause 6 below) for full details.
Prices are quoted at today's rate and are subject to any changes in airfares, tariffs and conditions imposed by airlines, wholesalers or other service providers. All costs are subject to currency fluctuations and/or price increases until paid in full.
3. Package Requirement
The sale of guaranteed race entry alone is not possible and must be purchased in conjunction with a Travelling Fit Package.
4. Airfares and Airport/Security Taxes
We strongly recommend your airfares be booked through Travelling Fit to ensure all your travel arrangements coincide and your trip runs as smoothly as possible. Please note that Airport and Security Taxes are charged when paying for airfares but there may be additional taxes at some international/domestic airports upon departure.
5. Room Share Request
When requested, Travelling Fit will do everything possible to match you with someone of the same gender to avoid the single supplement, however this cannot be guaranteed. Should we be able to match you, a $55 fee will apply. Should the person you are sharing with subsequently cancels during or after the booking process you may then be liable to pay for the difference between the twin share and the single rate less the $55 fee.
6. Deposit and Final Payment
Each booking is subject to the following non-refundable and non-transferable initial deposits:
- A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit will be required at time of booking for the Event Package. Please refer to your travel specialist for the exact deposit amount; and
- Non-refundable $250 per person per airfare (if applicable).
Deposits are due within 24 hours of acceptance.
Bookings cannot be confirmed until initial deposits are received in full and Travelling Fit Terms and
Conditions are read and signed.
Note: Some bookings are subject to a further non-refundable and non-transferable installment. Please refer to your travel specialist for further details.
Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure unless otherwise specified by your travel specialist.
7. Default Clause
7.1. Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment, at a rate of two and one half percent (2.5%) per calendar month (and at the Agent's sole discretion such interest shall compound monthly at such a rate) after as well as before any judgment.
7.2. If the Customer defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Customer shall indemnify the Agent from and against all the Agent's costs and disbursements including on a solicitor and own client basis and in addition all of the Agent's nominees costs of collection.
8. Payment Terms
Cheque or Money Order made payable to TRAVELLING FIT.
Direct Deposit or Electronic Transfers, bank details are as follows:
|Bank||National Australia Bank|
|Account Name:||Travelling Fit|
|Please include your surname and event name in the transaction description for easy reference, E.g. Smith-Tokyo Marathon|
Telegraphic / Wire transfer *.If you wish to make payment from an overseas bank account by telegraphic/wire transfer, our bank account details are as follows:
|Bank||National Australia Bank|
|Address:||Shop 21, 148 The Entrance Road,|
Erina, NSW, 2250
|Account Name:||Travelling Fit|
|Note: Payment from an overseas bank account (outside of Australia) will incur a bank fee of AU$25 per transaction.|
Please let Travelling Fit know if this is your preferred method of payment.
Payment by Credit Card ** will incur transaction fees as follows:
|Credit Card Type||Fee (website payment)||Fee (processed inhouse)|
**Note: Credit Card transaction fees may vary or in some instances may be waived by certain airlines, wholesalers and other service providers
9. Cancellation Fees
Each booking is subject to the following cancellation fees (variations apply with certain events - please refer to the list of variations further below):
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable
- 25% of the amount received to date plus the non-refundable deposit if cancelled more than 90 days prior to the date of departure;
- 50% of the amount received to date plus the non-refundable deposit if cancelled 61-90 days prior to the date of departure;
- 75% of the amount received to date plus the non-refundable deposit if cancelled 31-60 days prior to the date of departure; or
- if cancelled within 30 days or less of the date of departure no refund will be given
Variations to the above apply as follows:
- Refunds are not available at any time for the Tokyo Marathon, Boston Marathon, Virgin Money London Marathon, BMW Berlin Marathon, TCS New York City Marathon, Antarctica Marathon and Ultra-Trail Australia.
- Refunds are not available for the Marathon des Sables if cancelled on/after 15 January 2020.
- Refunds are not available for the Big Five Marathon, Petra Desert Marathon, Polar Circle Marathon and Bagan Temple Marathon if cancelled within 75 days from date of departure.
- Refunds are not available for the Patagonia International Marathon if cancelled 60 days or less from date of departure.
- Comrades Marathon: 50% of the total package price if cancelled on/prior 13 February 2020; Non-refundable if cancelled on/after 14 February 2020.
NOTE 1: Certain airfares/land packages are non-refundable from the time they are purchased. Please contact Travelling Fit for further details.
NOTE 2: Race entries are STRICTLY non-transferable.
A $110 late payment fee is applicable for any payment received after its due date. If any payment is not received within 5 days of becoming due, you will be deemed to have cancelled your booking and the cancellation policy under clause 9 will apply.
A $55 amendment fee per person per change made once reservations have been confirmed (plus any additional charges incurred by airlines, wholesalers and other service providers); except if the amendment is made within a month of departure a $110 fee will apply per person per change (plus any additional charges incurred by airlines, wholesalers and other service providers)
A $110 late booking fee may apply for reservations made within 2 months from the date of departure.
11. Event Cancellation
In the event that a race is cancelled for any reason the cancellation policy under clause 9 will apply subject to Travelling Fit refunding any race entry fees, if any, refunded by race organizers.
12. Force Majeure
If Travelling Fit is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, fire, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of war or terrorism, acts of omissions of a third party or for any other cause whatsoever outside Travelling Fit's reasonable control, Travelling Fit will be under no liability whatsoever to you and may, at its option, by written notice to you to cancel the tour.
13. Travel Documents
Visas may be required. Please contact Travelling Fit for further details. Australian passport holders must make sure their passport is valid for at least 6 months from their date of return to Australia.
Each individual is responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents are current and valid.
14. Travel Insurance
Personal travel insurance is not included in the package price. It is a condition of booking a package with Travelling Fit that you have travel insurance, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are adequately insured for the full duration of the trip in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items and cancellation/interruption and curtailment, as well as all of the activities you expect to participate in.
Participants can save 20% on travel insurance simply by going to the Travelling Fit website and applying online. Go to: www.travellingfit.com and click on the Travel Insurance tab found on the top bar of the website.
14.1. Travelling Fit is unable to provide this service if you live outside Australia and are participating in an event outside Australia. In these circumstances Travelling Fit recommends you contact insurers in your country of origin.
14.2. If you do not purchase travel insurance through Travelling Fit you must provide evidence to Travelling Fit that you have obtained personal travel insurance. Without evidence Travelling Fit reserves the right to withhold your travel documents until such time as evidence is produced.
14.3. If you do not purchase travel insurance through Travelling Fit and you need to make a claim for whatever reason, a $55 minimum fee will be charged to process the relevant paperwork for your insurer.
15. Release and Waiver of Liability
In consideration of Travelling Fit accepting your application:
- You release Travelling Fit and its officers, employees, agents and other representatives and recommended charity beneficiaries (hereafter "Travelling Fit and its personnel") from all cost, liability, loss or damage incurred or suffered by you directly or indirectly during the course of your travel and resulting from your personal injury, illness or death or damage to or loss of your property unless caused by the willful negligence or wrongful act of Travelling Fit and its personnel; and
- You waive any claims you have, or may at any time have, against Travelling Fit and its personnel and you agree, by accepting the inherent dangers and risks associated with any travel, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Travelling Fit and its personnel in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in an event.
To the extent permitted by law, section 74 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 does not apply to this agreement.
Travelling Fit reserves the right to refuse an application to register for any reason. Should an entrant's application be refused, the full registration fee (including the non-refundable initial deposit) will be refunded to the applicant. Your registration for an event takes effect once you complete the Booking Form, accept the accompanying Booking Terms and Conditions and the initial deposit has been received in full by Travelling Fit. Places are limited for the events and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
17. Privacy Act
17.1. The Customer agrees for the Agent to obtain from a credit-reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about the Customer in relation to credit provided by the Agent.
17.2. The Customer agrees that the Agent may exchange information about Customer with those credit providers named in the Application for Credit account or named in a consumer credit report issued by a reporting agency for the following purposes:
- 17.2a) to assess an application by Customer;
- 17.2b) to notify other credit providers of a default by the Customer;
- 17.2c) to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Customer is in default with other credit providers; and
- 17.2d) to assess the credit worthiness of Customer.
17.3. The Customer consents to the Agent being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on commercial credit (Section 18K(1)(h) Privacy Act 1988).
17.4. The Customer agrees that Personal Data provided may be used and retained by the Agent for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the Customer and Agent or required by law from time to time:
- 17.4a) provision of Goods and/or Services; (b)marketing of Goods and/or Services by the Agent, its agents or distributors in relation to the Goods and/or Services;
- 17.4b) analysing, verifying and/or checking the Customer's credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of Goods and/or Services;
- 17.4c) processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by Customer; and
- 17.4d) enabling the daily operation of Customer's account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Customer's account in relation to the Goods and/or Services.
17.5. The Agent may give, information about the Customer to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- 17.5a) to obtain a consumer credit report about the Customer; and or allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about the Customer.