WELCOME TO CUBA
The Havana Marathon is held on the Sunday of the third full weekend in November each year and this is a very significant date for Cuban Sports as it is the Cuban National Day of Physical Culture and Sport.
Our exclusive tour package will not only give you the opportunity to participate in this special day on the Cuban calendar, it will also show you some of the very best parts of the Island.
The 12 Day / 11 Night tour takes us overland starting from Santiago de Cuba in the east and continues onto Bayamo, Camaguey, UNESCO listed Trinidad de Cuba and finishing up in the historical city of Old Havana for the marathon, half marathon and 10km events.
- Santiago de Cuba – the home of Bacardi Rum
- Jeep tour and hike – climb in the Sierra Maestra, Cuba’s highest mountain range
- Camaguey – a UNESCO heritage listed city
- Trinidad de Cuba – listen to live Cuban music on the steps of the ancient cathedral
- Topes de Collantes – jungle-covered limestone mountains with waterfalls, caves and crystal clear rock pools to bathe in.
- Safari Cayo Blanco – a perfect catamaran tour to one of the beautiful white islands
- Santa Clara – visit Che Guevara’s memorial
- Walking Tour in Havana – tour through the old quarters of lively Havana
- Post-race Celebration – We will celebrate your achievement with a final group dinner at a typical Cuban restaurant with live Cuban music in the heart of Old Havana
deposit and payment structure
The Havana Marathon attracts runners from around the world, giving them the chance to run in the winter sun.
The Marathon is a two loop course and starts in front of the Capitolio on the edge of Old Havana, at the Paseo del Prado between Teniente Rey and San Jose, right in the heart of “Old Havana”. After about 1.5kms, you reach the Malecon, the promenade that runs along foreshore of the city.
Once you leave the Malecon you turn into the city where you run through through many of the old neighborhoods as well as past some of Havana’s most famous sights, such as the National Sports Stadium and Revolution Square.
Along the route they will pass along the following streets : Prado, Refugio, Zulueta, ave. De las Misiones, Malecon, Calzada, street 12, street 23, ave. 26, Boyeros, Santa Catalina, Primelles, Via Blanca, Boyeros, Salvador Allende, Reina and Prado.
There are also the options to run the Havana Half Marathon or 10km
Entry fees to the Havana Marathon, Half Marathon or 10km are included as part of your package
There are no qualifying times for the Havana Marathon
The Havana Marathon starts at 6:30am
There is a 6 1/2 hour cut-off for the Havana Marathon
All events will be officially timed using the MyLaps timing system
Your race packets will be collected for you and personally delivered by your Travelling Fit representative
There are no official pace setters in the Havana Marathon
Personal Refreshments and Clothing
There is no facility to put personal drinks out on the course.
As the temperature is expected to be warm during the event there should be no need to leave additional clothing at the start/finish line.
The race start/finish area is within walking distance from the hotel Travelling Fit use therefore transport will not be required.
All overland travel within Cuba is included as part of your package (please see detailed itinerary for more details) in a private air conditioned bus.
There is no Expo for the Havana Marathon
Finishes T-Shirts, Medals and Certificates
A trophy will be awarded to the first three male and female participants in the Marathon, Half Marathon and 10km events
Every finisher will also be able to download their own personalized Race Certificate
- Half Marathon